Application of Initial Membership Fees – Maryland
Maryland Application fees are not refundable and are paid at the beginning of that activity. Application fees may be paid through the web-site or by check when the Preliminary Review is submitted. Send checks to the State Historian.
The Maryland Application fee structure may be changed without notice. The current fee structure is:
- Initial Application – $200 Maryland Filing fee – This is an initial application.
- Initial Application – $100 Maryland Filing fee –This is an initial application for child, sibling or parent of a member of the Maryland Mayflower Society in good standing. The candidate must be 18 or older.
- Supplemental Application – $50 Maryland Filing fee
GSMD application fees are not refundable: If and when the Maryland Historian approve your application for transmission to the General Society of Mayflower Descendants in Plymouth for final review, and hopefully approval, a non-refundable GSMD fee of $75 must accompany it. We will ask for that fee at the time we send your completed and Maryland approved application to you for signature.
Annual Membership Dues: Finally, member annual dues are $50.00. After April 1, the dues are increased to $60.00, unless you are a Life Member of the Maryland State Society.
Electronic Payments of application review and certain related fees: Electronic payments of initial application review and certain other related fees can be executed using the On-Line Form Submission option. If your objective is only to pay a fee, do name the Pilgrim involved, but it is not necessary to provide the data called for subsequently in the Ancestor Information segment. Please do use the comments block to describe your intent and to identify which historian you are already working with.
You may fill out the Maryland Mayflower Preliminary Online Review Form, and complete your lineage.
You may download and print the Maryland Mayflower Preliminary Review Form, and complete your lineage. This form along with a check made out to the Maryland Mayflower Society for the appropriate filing fee should be mailed to the Maryland Mayflower Society Historian at the following address:
Dwight N. Mason, 7307 Broxburn Court, Bethesda, MD 20817-4754
Post-Review Application Process
You will prepare an application for Membership after your preliminary form has been reviewed and approved. Applicants are expected to finish the process within two years.
For more information or if you have any questions please email the Historian of the Maryland Society of Mayflower Descendants at the following address: email@example.com. You should mark your e-mail subject line “Request For Information” A member of the Historian’s staff will advise you on the preparation of your application for membership.
Major Application Milestones Prior to Membership:
1) You have paid the Maryland Society of Mayflower Descendants application fee.
2) Your application has been approved by the Maryland State Historian of the Maryland Society of Mayflower Descendants
3) You have paid the Application fees for the General Society of Mayflower Descendants
4) Your application has been approved by the Historian General of the General Society of Mayflower Descendants